So Monday, I was home watching TV before heading of to work for my lovely "Tuesday" midnight shift, there was nothing on t.v. that I found interesting, but found myself watching, and actually extremely interested in the first night of the DNC. I know, a little confusing with the Monday-Tuesday thing, but to explain my shift starts at 0030 a.m., so it's technically my Tuesday shift. If you couldn't tell by one of my previous post, I'm an Obama fan. Again, not that I'm a big democrat, but consider myself more an "independent" voter. Granted, Barack was off on the campaign trail still, but I saw that Michelle Obama was to be the keynote speaker of the night, and I wanted to see how she did with all this "so-called pressure" to make a great speech. So I settled in, flipping back and forth from C-SPAN, to CNBC, to CNN for the night. The rumor early in the night was that good ole' Edward "Teddy" Kennedy was supposed to make at least an appearance, but it was said that he would be too weak to make a speech from his recent bout of brain cancer. Now even though I'm not into Massachusetts politics, my favorite radio station is WAAF in Boston, who always seem to come up with funny skits, and jokes about Chappequiddick and his drinking(Heck, he is Irish!!), but you can't help but recognize and respect the Kennedy name in New England. LOL
Anyways, after a few hours of unrecognizable people from the Midwest making speeches, mainly people from the Illinios state government, finally, surprise-surprise!! Caroline Kennedy on stage to introduce a montage dedicated to the long-time service of the popular senator from Massachusetts. The video was actually rather emotional to me, covering his family, his love for sailing and the Cape, remembering his two brothers, JFK and Bobby Kennedy and their assassinations, along with footage from his 40 plus years in government. After the video montage, here comes a more frail, swollen version of the husky senator we've all come to know. He gave an arousing speech, much like the one's I've witness in person(Worcester 6 memorial service), and on t.v. when he first endorsed Barack Obama. So here is what I was able to find on youtube.
9 years ago
5 comments:
Uhm, Boukie, my dear ... unless you have "switched teams" since leaving AASI, I think you meant "a rousing speech" and not "an arousing speech". And here I was going to try to introduce you to Mags one of these days ... perhaps I need to rethink that one! Wink!
Ha ha ha!! Thank you for the correction Linda, and NO, I do not swing that way, lol. I guess I had Caroline Kennedy on my mind or something...LOL, Just kidding!!
So, you may continue the attempt to introduce me to Mags....ashame she may not make it to your b-day celebration at The Harp..
Whew! You had me worried there for a minute or two!
And she's trying to figure out a way to get down here if at all possible but as we know, Boston is not as close as some places! Which is too bad for all of us as Boston is a wicked awesome place!
Sheesh! I'm feelin' pressure here!
(I'm trying my hardest to get to Linda Loo's birthday! After all, it's a tradition for me to drive a long way in a short period of time-with a fresh baked cake!!!)
:)
Mags isn't kidding either - she drove all the way down to American from Windsor last year with a fresh-baked red velvet cake when she heard that no one had gotten me a birthday cake! She's the best (and makes a damned fine cake, too!).
Post a Comment