So this weekend was spent doing the usual with Hayleigh. Friday we hit the Bates' and hung out. We snagged take out, Burger King for the kids, Golden Greek for Rene and Jess, and I took in some J.D. Coopers take out. Saturday, Hayleigh and myself did the usual trip back down to Norwich for her ballet class. We then came back home for a bit, and then headed back over to the Bates'. I promised them I would cook dinner for the group that evening, so Rene tagged along as I went shopping. Funny thing is we were heading back into town to go shopping, and I needed to get some fuel for the truck when our pagers went off for the gas station we were headed to. It came in as an "injured person" as result of an assault. We showed up just after the ambulance, and stood around as the State trooper took statements and photos. I actually went over to the pump and filled my truck up while we waited for him to get out of the cruiser. He walked right over to the ambulance and gave the "my neck hurts, and they threw me to the ground twice." Come to find out the guy filled up on gas, and his credit cards were denied, so the clerks called the CSP. He tried to leave and they clerks tackled the guy. The girls from the ambulance collared and back boarded the "fine, outstanding citizen" while I brought out the stretcher, and away they went.
We continued on our merry way, grocery shopping for my special Shepards Pie, which ended up including a spare Wii remote, steering wheel, and game purchase for Rene's. We spent the night playing Nintendo Wii and had a blast. Sunday we slept in, and then headed over to Rene's so I could help him get a spare ATV that he sold, into the back of his truck before we headed over to a friend's house tonight for a Super Bowl party. In order to get the spare ATV out of his shed, he had to start and bring out his new ATV. Well who could resist with the untouched snow in his backyard?!! We could help it and took a turn a piece, then ran in to get the kids. They each had two rides until we put it back in the shed.
The kids lining up for a ride...
Rene taking Megan for a ride...
The Peanut and yours truely...
Hayleigh and I left around 4:30 to bring her home, and on the highway heading down, we passed a farm in Griswold just north of Exit 86 where the sun was shining brightly over the horizon, and it made the sky a vibrant orange/red. I wasn't about to slam on the brakes in the middle of the highway, so I tried to find a nice spot, but the sun was setting fast. I took a quick shot while getting off Exit 85, and pulled over at a golf course, but the pictures obviously didn't do the color justice. I think I'll just have to save up some money and get a new toy like Linda has... ;0D
Getting off the highway in Griswold
Looking out over the golf course on Route 164
1 comment:
Those are some gorgeous sky shots you've got there. If you get the chance, you should start taking some pics and then participate in "Looking at the Sky on Fridays". There's also a fun meme on Sundays called "Sunday Scenery" that my friend Lee recently developed. I bet you could come up with some great scenery up there in your part of the Quiet Corner!
Post a Comment