Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's as good as done...

So I've decided that I'm most likely going back to Scotland in July. 2009 is being called "Scotland Homecoming" by the entire country, where they are having nation-wide events happening throughout the year, to commemorate the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns' birth. Robbie Burns is the famous poet, and national bard, and is probably the first, if not the second most popular person from Scotland, along with William Wallace of Braveheart fame.

Thanks to Claire, she had forwarded me a website listing all the posted events going on during the year, and amazingly enough, there is an event going on at the end of July in Mauchline, which is a stones throw(okay, maybe a bit further) away from Cumnock. I'm hoping to save up enough money for the flight, a rent-a-car, and a weeks stay at the family inn/pub. I know that if I tell the family that I'm coming back over, they'll insist that I stay at Aunt Irene's and Uncle Stewart's again, but me being my typical self, I wouldn't want to inconvenience them. I still feel that I owe them for my last trip where they would barely let me pay for anything, so I almost wish I had a ton of money so I could pay them back. I'm sure that the plane tickets from Prestwick to Heathrow wasn't cheap for my Aunt Sadie, and paying for lunch did not make up for that!!

So barring any unforeseen expenses, I'm hoping to make a video diary of my 2nd ever overseas trip, to Bonnie Scotland!!

No comments: