Honestly I haven't had anything relevant to post lately. I've just been working, and sleeping, maybe an occasional call with the fire department here or there, but mostly uneventful. Tonight for training, we were supposed to have a CL&P(Connecticut Light & Power) representative come out to the station and put on a class about how their system works when an incident comes in, how they are handled by the call center in Berlin, and then the dispatch center somewhere else in the state. It was supposed to be a presentation like the one I heard a week or two ago from the New England Regional Supervisor, at the local Quinebaug Valley Chief's meeting. That's when some chiefs and line officers "ripped the guy a new one." Well, this time it was supposed to be a more local supervisor, and my Chief, Dave, decided to invite Thompson Hill, Attawaugan, and some members from all the way down in Gales Ferry to attend this CL&P class/meeting.
Local fire departments in the area have a big beef with CL&P, because there is an established policy for emergency responders to use for downed wires/telephone poles. Priority 3 is non-life threatening(tree and wires down), Priority 2 is possibly a life threatening event and/or hazardous situation(wires down and arching with fire, or working structure), and Priority 1 is immediate life threatening situation(any fire with entrapment, or an MVA with pole and energized wires down over vehicle, etc). CL&P is supposed to give dispatch and estimated E.T.A. for all incidents other than Priority 3. But even for Priority 2, they've been rather shady, as far as giving e.t.a.'s! Well, my chief should have pushed this CL&P manager or supervisor for an E.T.A., because the guy never showed up!
So, we had a little training/discussion for a half and hour, and then went home. Nothing strenuous was done, yet I have no idea what the heck I did tonight, because it feels like I have a slipped disc in my back under my right shoulder blade, and it hurts whenever I move or during inspiration. Could someone please take the serrated steak knife out from behind my shoulder blade! THANKS!!! I'm hoping that a nice days rest during this snow storm today will do the trick, and I'll wake up feeling great and ready to go... I'll keep ya posted...
9 years ago
1 comment:
I think that a LOT of fire departments and any kind of public safety agencies have this kind of "beef" with electric companies or other. Whenever lights go out around here, people automatically call the p.d. because our "tri-county" will not answer their emergency lines or any lines at all for that matter. It's very old and annoying. But we always have a way of getting in touch with them up here, and they get right to the job thankfully! Hope your back gets better..have a goodnight at work!
p.s.
not sure if you have seen the weather for our area. We had a ice storm...but our county got the good end out of it all.
Post a Comment